I have had the good fortune this spring to feed my addictive interest in cyber security by attending several high quality conferences full of great content, deep learning and excellent connections. The first one this year was the Financial Times Cyber Security Summit in Washington. I had the pleasure of attending the 2016 Financial Times Cyber Security Summit as well. Following this was RiskSec NY 2017 created and delivered by SC Media, a group rich in cyber security news and resources. The most recent one was this week again in New York at the 2017 Cyber Investing Summit. As you can imagine from the title, this was totally focused on the who, what, where, when and how around investing in the cyber security ecosystem. Not only did I build a deeper knowledge of and appreciation for the risks and opportunities of working in this space, I met some excellent people with whom I was able to share ideas, thoughts and interests. Certainly these are new relationships with staying power for years to come.
No doubt I will continue to work with the people and their companies in cyber security as I will with those in AI and machine learning and blockchain. These three areas serve great needs and will have much attention and huge growth for at least the next few years.
- Buying In – Cybersecurity Risk and Due Diligence - April 17, 2018
- A Panel of CEOs Speaking About Exits to CEOs and Business Owners - March 28, 2018
- What Worries CEOs When They Exit - January 1, 2018
- Cyber Security Problems in M&A – Real, Not Imagined, and Hitting Hard - July 17, 2017
- Cyber Security Summits – Great Content; Deep Learning; Excellent Connections - May 26, 2017
- The CEO at Exit: Prepare; Talk; Listen; Empathize - May 5, 2017
- Be Prepared! Because “Startups get bought, not sold” - November 20, 2016
- Cyber Security Before, During and After Your Sale – Part II - October 7, 2016
- Cyber Security Before, During and After Your Sale – Part I - September 4, 2016
- You’re Invited! - June 28, 2016