The crazy, convoluted and confusing process that is your exit transaction is made more so today by the awareness and inclusion of cyber security risks, due diligence and integration issues and impacts. Size does not matter at all when it comes to cyber security. Because you use a computer, a smartphone, a network and other electronic resources, you have such concerns. Start down the path of selling your business, and the bright lights of interest and attention to cyber issues and impacts go on full power. As always, well thought out and executed preparation is key.
I draw your attention to a very good article on cyber security in M&A done by the professionals at FireEye. Unsealing the Deal: Cyber Threats to Mergers and Acquisitions Persist in a Hot Market Please go to this link and read it attentively. I will be sharing more good pieces like this to help you have a great exit.
- Exit Advice from “Exits – Traps and Triumphs” CEOs - June 21, 2018
- Buying In – Cybersecurity Risk and Due Diligence - April 17, 2018
- A Panel of CEOs Speaking About Exits to CEOs and Business Owners - March 28, 2018
- What Worries CEOs When They Exit - January 1, 2018
- Cyber Security Problems in M&A – Real, Not Imagined, and Hitting Hard - July 17, 2017
- Cyber Security Summits – Great Content; Deep Learning; Excellent Connections - May 26, 2017
- The CEO at Exit: Prepare; Talk; Listen; Empathize - May 5, 2017
- Be Prepared! Because “Startups get bought, not sold” - November 20, 2016
- Cyber Security Before, During and After Your Sale – Part II - October 7, 2016
- Cyber Security Before, During and After Your Sale – Part I - September 4, 2016